The Get Hitched Give Hope auction is only a few months away!!! Over the next few months we will be giving you a sneak-peak to some of the fabulous wedding goods and services that will be auctioned off on October 27th. First up is one of our AMAZING sponsors, A Heavenly Ceremony, a team effort in officiating by Patricia Stimac and Kent Buttars. They have been helping couples tie the knot for the past 16 years!
Tell us about A Heavenly Ceremony…
We officiate at weddings and other ceremonies that celebrate major transitions in life. Since I (Pat) was 7, I dreamed of helping create and celebrate special moments in life. It took many years before I found the perfect expression for me … and for Kent. We are both passionate about it and each time it seems more joyful and hopeful.
Our clients choose us because we offer an experience to fully participate in co-creating a ceremony to celebrate one of the major decisions and commitments in life. We tend to draw brides and grooms who want to prepare for their marriage in this way.
What do you love most about your work?
We love everything about it…
- the connection with people in love
- the interaction to learn who they are, what they are about, what would delight them on their wedding day
- the creativity involved in finding words and ideas that reflect each couple
- the social aspect of meeting brides and grooms and their families and friends
- the fun of helping organize the ceremony
- the honor of sharing such a special time in people’s lives
- the opportunity to “re-commitment” to our relationship each time we officiate
What can we win from you at the Get Hitched Give Hope auction?
This is our second year donating to Get Hitched Give Hope and we are excited to be donating a free session on “How to Enjoy Your Wedding Day.” It is a hour-long session to reflect on what “success” is for the couple on their wedding day and how to have the experience they want.
If you could pass on your advice to an engaged couple, what three tips would you give?
- Make a list of all your expectations for your wedding and prioritize them so it will be the experience you want.
- Complete some type of premarital preparation – whether it be a DIY approach by reading relationship books together, completing an online course, or attending premarital sessions in person.
- Remember to have fun and stay connected!
Thanks Pat & Kent! How can we stay connected with you?