There are just two days until the 2015 Get Hitched, Give Hope charity auction and gala! This year’s theme, A Love for All Seasons, celebrates the natural splendor of the Pacific Northwest throughout the year. We’ve given you a taste of what you’ll experience on Thursday evening, and now we want to help you prepare to make the most of the auction!
This week is your last chance to pre-shop the items up for bid at our silent auction. Make sure to browse the goods, so you’ll know just what to make a beeline for when the doors open at 6:30pm Thursday evening. If you haven’t yet, snag yourself a VIP ticket to get access to the event an hour early and shop extra-savvy! Here are some tips to make your auction experience more fun and guarantee you get what you want!
Tips for the Silent Auction
- Make the rounds. Locate the item you’re interested in by looking at the goods on our webpage, then scope the room when you get there to find it. Check out everything else, too, there might be hidden treasure!!
- Bid early and bid often. Place your opening bid as soon as you find an item you want, but check back often to see if you’ve been outbid and up your maximum amount if needed!
- Get in your final bid before the auction closes! Check out the event schedule below for a list of closing times for our silent auctions. Make sure you know which silent auction your item is a part of, and get back to the table to place your final bid and out-bid others before the auction closes. Get what you want… and remember, it’s all for charity!
Tips for the Live Auction Items
- Be ready. We will be auctioning off hotel stays, custom-made necklaces, season-inspired appetizers and cocktails, and raising the paddle for charity throughout the evening. Be present in the main ballroom to stake your claim!
- Bid loud and bid proud. Don’t be shy! Get your arm up there, wave that number around, and shout if you have to (you won’t, but you can if you want). It’s a party, it’s a fundraiser for charity, AND it’s a competition! What could be better??
- Remember that you are helping raise money for charity. Feeling a little bit uncertain about whether you should raise your bid? Remember, you are helping us meet our goal to raise $100,000 for the Dream Foundation and Young Survival Coalition. We’re delivering final dreams and making sweet last memories for families and those with terminal illnesses. Many of your donations, especially those above the retail cost of an item, are totally tax deductible!
Don’t forget we will be raffling off amazing, unbeatable prizes throughout the evening!!! Stick around because you MUST be present to win.
Here’s a rundown of the evening’s schedule of events so you can plan your party in advance…
5:30 / Early entry for VIP ticket holders – swag, champagne, and shopping!
6:30 / Doors open for General Admission to the gala!
Peruse the silent auction tables & keep an eye on your bids!
Raffles will be drawn throughout the evening!
7:00 / Welcome & toast : About Get Hitched, Give Hope
7:30 / Silent Auction Section 1 closes
7:55 / Silent Auction Section 2 closes
8:15 / Silent Auction Section 3 closes
8:30 / ELITE Silent Auction Closes & First Raffle Drawing
8:35 / About Dream Foundation & Young Survival Coalition
Tristan Layton & Kisa Heyer from Dream Foundation
Nicole Taylor, Judy Haley & Katie Hogan from Young Survival Coalition
With special guest speakers Georgia & Jane
8:45 / Raise the Paddle, Special Item Auctions, and Final Raffles
9:25 / Thank-you & Dance Party!
10:30 / Have a good night!
Need more inspiration to take part? Just look at the list of dreams delivered that we have participated in. Think of how much more we can give!
Today is the very last day to purchase advanced tickets online for the 2015 Get Hitched, Give Hope charity auction & gala – A Love for All Seasons. Make sure to get yours now, and don’t hesitate to make yourself a VIP — you get sweet perks and elite swag, plus five additional tickets to our amazing raffle! Come see us Thursday at the Four Seasons Hotel Seattle to get gorgeous goods for your wedding… while giving back!!